I use Garageband quite frequently in my music therapy sessions to record improvised music and songs but I also use it tons in my adapted voice lessons. I love watching a student listen to their recorded voice after they have worked so hard to learn a piece of music and who doesn’t love to sing in a microphone! I have found that when a student wants to record a song I have to play the accompaniment because most karaoke tracks are too fast… until today! I am still quite new to the program and I have finally figured out how to slow down an MP3 track in Garageband and thought I would share it with you.
1. Add Real Instrument Track
2. Click Media Browser (bottom right music note with film icon)
3. Select Song & Drag it into the track
4. Press option, command, G at the same time
5. while holding down those buttons select the song.
6. Audio region will appear
7. Select “Follow Tempo & Pitch”
8. Select Project in the main screen that shows the time.
9. simply select your tempo!
I hope you find this helpful!